California Joint Powers Risk Management Authority
The Academy, South Bay Regional Public Safety Training Consortium
CJPRMA ANNUAL LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING CONFERENCE
CJPRMA will be hosting a conference designed for Police Supervision and Command Staff. The presenters will be providing tools for the management and handling of issues facing law enforcement today. The topics will include:
- Managing and responding to incidents involving mental illness
- Excited Delirium as a diagnosis
- Use of carotid restraint
- De-escalation of force
- Use of body cameras as a tool to protect officers and your agency
- Recent case decisions
- Legalized Marijuana-impacts on Law Enforcement
- Effective report writing and the effect on civil litigation
- CJPRMA history of law enforcement related claims
- Roundtable of current issues affecting law enforcement in our communities
The speakers have extended experience in police litigation and risk management. A representative from a CJPRMA Member’s Command Staff will lead a presentation on Crisis Intervention Team efforts in their respective organizations.
The faculty for this conference will include:
- Dale L. Allen, Jr. – Partner and Attorney at Law – Allen, Glaessner, Hazelwood & Werth, and former office in the San Francisco Police Department who heads the trial team on defending law enforcement.
- Kevin P. Allen – Partner and Attorney at Law – Allen, Glaessner, Hazelwood & Werth, his primary practice is public entity litigation with an emphasis defending police departments and their officers against civil rights claims, with published opinions in the defense of officers.
- Kimberly Y. Chin – Attorney at Law – Allen, Glaessner, Hazelwood & Werth focusing on public entities defense, and currently consulting with client cities to interpret and prepare new regulatory ordinances pertaining to sales of recreational marijuana in 2018
- Phil Downs – Attorney at Law – Allen, Glaessner, Hazelwood & Werth practicing with the firm’s public entity litigation team, with focus on defending police departments and their officers against civil rights claims in O.I.S.. Phil is a former captain in the U.S.M.C. and combat veteran of Iraq.
- Steve Papenfuhs – President and CEO at Battalion Defense, LLC. Retired San Jose Police Department Sergeant and Police Practice Expert – Use of Force.
- Stan Rodrigues – Police Sergeant Union City Police Department, Training Supervisor, and Peer Support Team Supervisor and Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) member.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: All Law Enforcement Managers and Administrators, Police Supervision and Command Staff, Police Chiefs, Lieutenants, Captains, Sergeants and Sheriffs, Law Enforcement Legal Advisors and Risk Managers.
TIME: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Registration and continental breakfast will start at 8:30 a.m. Lunch and an afternoon snack are included.
March 20, 2018
|Utilities Field Operations Building
Rooms A & F
35 Stoney Point Road,
|9:00 am to 5:00 pm|
- No fee for CJPRMA Members
- $125 fee for Non-CJPRMA Members (non refundable)
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE for EACH TRAINING CONFERENCE: MARCH 12TH, 2018
Meeting attendees are responsible for hotel accommodations if needed.
If you have questions, please contact Saima Kumar at firstname.lastname@example.org